VCL-TP, Teleprotection IEC 61850 GOOSE over IP / MPLS Interface
The VCL-TP Teleprotection - IEC-61850 GOOSE over IP/MPLS equipment is a compact, 1U high, 19-inch rack mountable equipment that is designed transport IEC-61850 GOOSE* messages over a routable IP/MPLS network. (*Generic Object Oriented Substation Event.)
VCL-TP is designed to transmit / receive the IEC-61850 compliant “Digital Substations” to provide “Distance Protection” over IP / MPLS links using IEC-61850 GOOSE messages instead of “Binary” commands.
Send us a Message
VCL-TP Teleprotection - IEC-61850 GOOSE over IP/MPLS incorporates the same level of “reliability” and “dependability” that the users have come to expect of the IEEE C37.94 based communication interface. Additionally, the VCL-TP Teleprotection - IEC-61850 GOOSE over IP/MPLS provides un-paralleled security, speed as well as all the advantages of an IEC-61850 GOOSE based system operating in a “Digital Sub-station” environment.
VCL-TP Teleprotection - IEC-61850 GOOSE over IP/MPLS is extremely fast and reliable “Distance Protection” device that offers up to 4, 2-way independent command channels which can be operated selectively, or collectively over an IP / MPLS / Ethernet network with an extremely high degree of reliability and security. Additional features such as “Firewall” have been incorporated to guard against any possibility of “cyber-attacks”, making the equipment a best-in-class device.
Transmission interface options include:
Features and Highlights
- Unrivaled Speed, Security and Reliability of IEC-60834-1 Protection Systems
- Compact, standard 19-Inch Rack-mountable, 1U high chassis.
- Bi-directional Transmission of 4 command Inputs and 4 command outputs.
- Full Duplex Operation, Automatic loop test facility.
- IEC-61850 GOOSE (Optical MM / SM; or RJ45 Electrical) support. PSCH.1 Distance Protection Scheme as per IEC-61850 (routable) GOOSE messages.
- Available with 48V DC, 110V DC, 220V DC, 250V DC, 110V AC and 220V AC and 1+1 Redundant Power Supply options.
- 1 x 10/100BaseT, RJ45, IEC-61850-3 Compliant Port.
- 1 x 10/100BaseT, RJ45, IEC-61850-3 Compliant Port
- 1 x 100BaseFX, Optical (SFP).
Management and Monitoring:
- RS232 serial, USB serial interfaces for local terminal access
- 10/100BaseT Ethernet Interface for remote access over an IP network
- Encrypted Password Protection
- Telnet - Remote access over IP links
- SSH - Secured remote access using Secure Shell Protocol over IP links
- IEC-61850 Compliant NMS, or SNMP Traps for real time remote monitoring over an Ethernet / IP network
- Visual I/O status – LED Display
- Dry contact external alarm relay to connect an external alarm on an annunciator panel, which can be wired up for either NO or NC condition.
- Command transfer time less than 2ms.
- Manual Loop Test: This feature initiates a “Manual Loop-Test” of the transmission link that interconnects the “Local” unit and the “Remote” unit
- Automatic Loop Test: The Automatic Link Test feature automatically initiates “Periodic Loop Tests” at user programmed intervals of the transmission link that interconnects the “Local” unit and the “Remote” unit.
Event and Alarm Logging:
- Time-Stamped Alarm Logging
- Time-Stamped Event Logging.
Reliability and Security:
- Advanced Communication Protocol to ensure reliable transmission of commands
- Built-In Firewall
- Encrypted Transmission – User selectable option.
Power Supply Options:
- 48V DC, range 36V DC ~ 70V DC
- 110V DC / 125V DC, range 80V DC ~ 140V DC
- 220V DC / 250V DC, range 80V DC ~ 300V DC
- 110V AC / 220V AC, range 80V AC ~ 264V AC
- Dual / redundant power supply inputs and power supplies are also offered as an option.
- Short circuit protection
- Reverse power input protection.
- > 300,000 hours / > 35.25 years