VCL-TP, E1 / IEEE C37.94 Teleprotection 8 Binary Commands with IEC-61850 GOOSE
VCL-TP, Teleprotection Equipment is an extremely reliable and flexible product that is available with a choice of E1 or IEEE C37.94 Transmission Interfaces, 8 Binary Protection Commands, IEC-61850 GOOSE Digital Protection Commands (PSCH A and PSCH B), 1+1 Power Supply and 8 Channel Digital Trip Counter Display Panel.
Send us a Message
VCL-TP, Teleprotection Equipment may be used independently, in a standalone point-to-point application, or as an integral extension of the VCL-MX Version 6, E1 Voice and Data Multiplexer solution to provide Teleprotection over SDH or PDH data networks.
VCL-TP, Teleprotection Equipment offers up to 8, 2-way independent command channels which can be operated selectively or simultaneously with Binary and IEC-61850 GOOSE Protection Schemes (PSCH A and PSCH B). The VCL-TP, Teleprotection Equipment is suitable for deployment in Sub-Stations that use “Binary” as well as “GOOSE” Protection Schemes without any modification in system hardware or software.
Transmission interface options include:
Network Side (Transmission) interface options:
- IEEE C37.94 compliant Multi-Mode optical fiber interface for transmission over short-reach multi-mode optical fiber links
- IEEE C37.94 compliant Single-Mode optical fiber interface for transmission over long-reach, single-mode optical fiber links (≤ 40 KM, ≤ 80 KM, ≤ 120 KM, ≤ 150 KM)
- E1, 2.048Mbps, G.703 interface option for transmission over E1 links.
Sub-Station Side Interface Options:
- Bi-directional Transmission of 8 binary command Inputs and 8 binary command Outputs
- 110V DC and 250V DC command voltage and switching voltage options
- IEC-61850, GOOSE Interface (PSCH A and PSCH B)
- Concurrent GOOSE Subscriber and Server functions
- Converts GOOSE Trip Message to Binary Command
- Converts Binary Command to GOOSE Trip Message
- Converts GOOSE Trip Message for transmission over C37.94 Optical / E1 (TDM).
Features and Highlights
- Compact, standard 19-Inch Rack-mountable, 3U high chassis
- Distance Teleprotection applications
- Ready for use in IEC-61850 compliant Digital Sub-Stations with GOOSE and well is in “Legacy” Sub-Stations with Binary Commands
- User programmable for Direct Tripping, Permissive Tripping and Blocking Protection Schemes
- Compliant with IEC 60834-1 and IEC 834-1 specifications and standards for reliability
- Optical Interface fully compliant with IEEE C37.94 for error resistant transmission
- Use in a Standalone, Point-To-Point application
- Use as an integrated part of the VCL-MX Version 6 E1 Voice & Data Multiplexer solution over an SDH or PDH data network
- IRIG-B and NTP Time Synchronization
- Available with Trip Digital Display Counters (8/16) with 8 user configurable External Relay Alarm outputs
- Full Duplex Operation
- Available with 48V DC, 110V DC, 220V DC and 250V DC command and switching voltage options
- Option of 1+1, Redundant Power Supply
- Available with 48V DC, 110V DC, 220V DC and 250V DC power supply options
- Immunity to Voltage Dips, Short Power Supply Interruptions and Voltage Variations as per IEC 61000-4-11 specifications.
- Less than 2ms command transfer time
- Less than 3ms relay operating time
- Less than 7ms back-to-back operating time (including relay operating time) in IEEE C37.94 Optical mode
- Less than 5ms back-to-back operating time (including relay operating time) in 2.048Mbps, E1 interface mode.
Flexibility and User Programmability:
- User programmable parameters for “Input” command sampling time and “Output” command holding time
- Input Sampling Time - Sets the “Sampling Time” of the INPUT Commands
- Output Holding Time - Sets the “Holding Time” of the OUTPUT Commands
- Output Extend Time - Sets the “Minimum Deactivation Time” of the OUTPUT Commands.
Event and Alarm Logging:
- Time-Stamped Alarm Logging.
- Time-Stamped Event Logging.
- IRIG-B time / NTP synchronization option to synchronize time-stamps with GPS.
- Manual Loop Test This feature initiates a “Manual Loop-Test” of the transmission link that interconnects the “Local” Teleprotection Terminal and the “Remote” Teleprotection Terminal
- Automatic Loop Test The Automatic Link Test feature automatically initiates “Periodic Loop Tests” at user programmed intervals of the transmission link that interconnects the “Local” Teleprotection Terminal and the “Remote” Teleprotection Terminal
- Delay Measurement This feature automatically initiates an end-to-end “Delay Measurement Test” between the “Local” and the “Remote” Teleprotection Terminal through the interconnecting transmission link.
Access and Monitoring:
- Command Line Interface (English text commands).
- SNMPv2 Traps.
Operations and Management (OAM):
- RS232 serial interface for local terminal access
- USB serial interfaces for local terminal access
- 10/100BaseT Ethernet Interface for remote access over an IP network.
Management and Monitoring:
- RS232 serial, USB serial interfaces for local terminal access
- 10/100BaseT Ethernet Interface for remote access over an IP network
- Encrypted Password Protection
- Maintains an access log of over 10,000 most recent entries for security audit
- Telnet - Remote access over IP links
- SSH - Secured remote access using “Secure Shell Protocol” over IP links
- Complaint with IEC-61850 Monitoring and Management Systems
- 8, Dry contact external alarm relay to connect external alarms on an annunciator panel to extend audio and / or visual alarms – Optional
- Trip Counter Display