VCL-2103 - NTP Sub-Master Clock, Time Distribution solution
Valiant’s VCL-2103, Sub-Master Clock is a high-performance intermediate time synchronization source which may be directly synchronized to a Primary GPS Reference (Master) Clock or any other NTP time source to provide Time-of-Day synchronization to secondary NTP / SNTP Slave devices in the network. The VCL-2103 Sub-Master Clock mediates between the Primary GPS Reference (Master) Clock or any other time source and the Slave NTP / SNTP devices, such as Time-Of-Day Display Clocks in a LAN, to effectively isolate the GPS Primary Reference Clock Source from the NTP / SNTP Slave devices and provide NTP / SNTP time-of-day synchronization with millisecond accuracy.
The VCL-2103 Sub-Master Clock provides two distinctly separate Ethernet Ports, each of which is assigned its own IP address which allows the VCL-2103 Sub-Master Clock to synchronize with the Primary GPS Reference (Master) Clock and to also provide time synchronization to multiple Slave NTP / SNTP devices in a LAN network.
Multiple VCL-2103 Sub-Master Clock Units can be installed in a network to synchronize with the Primary GPS Reference (Master) Clocks to provide 1+1 or n+1 source redundancy in a NTP / SNTP time synchronization network.
Features and Highlights
- IPv4 compliant Sub-Master Clock
- Ethernet 10/100BaseT, NTP / SNTP Date and Time
- EEPROM for setting retention after power down
- High-Performance NTP Server running at 533MHz clock speed
- Unmatched security. Password Protection and Firewall. Resistant to DOS (Denial of Service) attack and unauthorized access
- Capable of serving up to 1500, VCL-2106 Slave Display Clocks or other standard / third party NTP/SNTP Clients
- 1 x 10/100/1000BaseT Ethernet NTP Input Port with automatic synchronization to redundant NTP Server(s) based upon Stratum level of source for master clock synchronization.
- 4 x 10/100BaseT Ethernet NTP / SNTP Output Ports for slave device(s) synchronization.
- CE and FCC approval
- Conducted Immunity as per IEC 61000-4-6
- Radiated Immunity IEC 61000-4-3
- Meets and exceeds CISPR 22 / EN55022 Class B emission requirements
- Voltage and Surge Withstand: Meets and exceeds
- IEC 61000-4-2, IEC 61000-4-4, IEC 61000-4-5 specifications.
- Interruptions and Voltage variations meets and exceeds IEC 61000-4-11 specifications.
Local / Remote Management and Monitoring Ports:
- 10/100BaseT Ethernet RJ45
- 1 x External Alarm Relay Contact
Local / Remote System Access, Control and Management Options:
- Telnet, SSH
- Online Firmware upgrade
- CLI Control Interface (HyperTerminal or VT100)
NTP Sub-Master Clock for Network Isolation & Cyber Security