VCL-2143, Network MouseTrap™ IP Network Intrusion Detector
Valiant's Network MouseTrapTM is an essential security tool that sits behind the firewall equipment emulating a “decoy server” / a “honeypot” in a secure environment to detect firewall breaches and unauthorized intrusions. Valiant's Network MouseTrapTM forms an essential part of the digital forensics kit that may be installed in secure critical infrastructure such as in Sub-Stations, Smart Grid Distribution Systems, Airport and Railway IT Networks, as well as Financial Infrastructure such as Banks and Payment Processing Gateways to “alert” the network administrator of unauthorized intrusions or a firewall breach.
Valiant's Network MouseTrapTM finger-prints the complete credentials of the hostile entity (or entities) who have entered the protected network by maintaining a complete log of its (their) credentials such as IP address, Domain and location of the intruder. Each log entry is time-stamped with the exact time and date of each such incident when the unlawful intrusion occurred.
Access to Network MouseTrapTM is password protected with advanced security features that can be customized to meet and exceed the security requirements of even the most demanding network administrator. The Network MouseTrap™ can optionally be managed centrally from a RADIUS Server to provide enhanced levels of access security and centralized password management and control. All Network MouseTrap™ logs are stored in the non-volatile memory of the device that can store up to ten million logs that are over-written on a FIFO basis.
Features and Highlights
- Utilities: Electric generation, transmission and distribution
- Smart Grid Distribution Systems
- Oil & Gas production, pipelines
- Remote nodes in SCADA multi-drop networks
- Railway and Airport Infrastructure
- Financial Infrastructure such as Banks and Payment Processing Gateways
- Law Enforcement.
Universality of Purpose and Ease of Use:
- Seamless scalability
- Infrastructure neutral
- Transparent to network and applications
- Easy installation and management.
- Total Number of System Interfaces: 2
- 1 x 10/100 RJ45 Network MouseTrapTM network interface
- Auto MDI/X (straight or crossover Ethernet cable correction)
- USB serial port for local access and configuration.
- SNMP trap generation as well as an external (dry contact) alarm output which may be wired to a user preferred audio or visual alarm annunciator device.
- Sounds and sends an alert when the IP address or IP Domain from the user programmed Black List.
- Non-volatile Access Log with capability to "fingerprint" all access attempts and keep a log of the IP addresses and Domain for forensic analysis by the network administrator.
- Filters: Port (Soft) Based, IP Address based and IP Domain based
- White List option: Sounds the alarm / sends an alert when the IP address / IP domain is outside the user programmed white list
- White List and Black List options: Sounds the alarm / sends an alert when the IP address / IP domain is in the user programmed black list
- Resistance to Denial of Service (DoS) Attack
Monitoring and Access Control:
- Password Strength Monitor
- Device Management and Alarm Monitoring
- Command Line Interface - Telnet, SSH with clear text disable function
- SNMPv2 Alarms
- Alarm condition detection and reporting (traps and SNMP alarm table)
- Alarm Relay for connecting External Audio / Visual Alarms
- Audit Log
- Secure Boot
- Encrypted Firmware Updates
- Password Protection with password strength monitor
- RADIUS Password Authentication
- SSH (Secure Access Control) with encrypted Password Protection
- System Status LED
- Power LED
- Power: 15V DC to 60V DC.
- Power consumption: 9W at maximum load
- 100~240VAC, 50/60Hz (external adapter)
- 85VDC ~ 250VDC (external adapter)
- Emissions: As per CISPR 22 / EN55022 Class A
- FCC: Part 15 Subpart A
- Immunity: EN55024, EN61000
Physical and MTBF:
- DIN-Rail Industrial (IP50) Chassis.
- Optional, 1U, Ruggedized Industrial 19-Inch Chassis.
- Height x Depth x Width: 40 mm x 170mm x 168 mm
- Weight: <1 Kg1>
- MTBF: ≥ 280,000 hours