VCL-2707, IEEE C37.94 to T1 Converter
VCL-2707, IEEE C37.94 to T1 Converter is a ruggedized and robust, sub-station-hardened protocol converter that converts IEEE C37.94 Interface to a T1 Interface, and vice-versa. The VCL-2707 is designed for use in point-to-point applications.
The most common application for the VCL-2707 converter is for augmenting legacy IEEE C37.94 data transmission over a T1 network between two sub-stations. By installing a VCL-2707 converter, the existing IEEE C37.94 interfaces from protection relays can be transmitted over the T1 network without incurring large capex, or without the tiresome task of having to replace or rewire the IEEE C37.94 Relays which need to be interconnected to the far end substations over T1 (SONET) transmission links.
- Number of C37.94 interfaces per card: 1 Tx, 1 Rx
- Number of interfaces: 1 T1 (1.544 Mbit/s) interfaces
The VCL-2707 meets and complies with the IEC-61850-3, EMI, EMC, Surge and Temperature specifications making it suitable for sub-station installations to provide uninterrupted service even in the most demanding and harsh environments.
- VCL C37.94 to T1 Converter is a cost-effective solution to transport protection relay devices or any industrial application devices reliably over an existing T1 / SONET communications network.
- Power: Terminal Block, 2-Pin Supply Connector
- IEEE C37.94 Interface: ST Connector
- T1 Interface: RJ45 (Female) Connector
- Power Supply Options (Internal): 24VDC, 48VDC
- Power Supply Options (External Adapters): 110VDC and 220VDC.
C37.94 Interface Specifications:
- Number of interfaces per card: 1 Tx, 1 Rx
- Standard: IEEE C37.94
- Optical: 820nm / 850nm Multi-Mode
- Optical connector: ST
- Optical Transmitter: LED
T1 Interface Specifications:
- Interfaces: 1 x T1 Interface (1.544 Mbit/s)
- Frame structure: As per ITU G.704
- Code: B8ZS
- Framing: ESF
- Nominal Impedance: 100 Ohms balanced
- CE Marking
- Complies to applicable IEEE and IEC standards
- Complies with FCC Part 68 and EMC FCC Part 15 and CISPR 22 Class A
- Operation ETS 300 019 Class 3.2
- Transportation ETS 300 019 Class 2.3