Features and Highlights
- PRC, ITU-T G.811 with optional with dual GPS or GPS/GLONASS cards and G.812 Type I, II or III SSU Holdover
- Protection / Redundancy: Module protection for all critical functions (Inputs, Holdover Clock, Outputs)
- Integrated GPS / GNSS (GPS and GLONASS)
- High output capacity, modular system
- E1 / T1, 2048MHz, PRC Clock outputs
- NTP server with hardware time stamping
- IEEE 1588-2008 Version 2 PTP Grandmaster
- High capacity (upto16,384 PTP slaves / clients) per chassis
- Fully integrated- IEEE 1588v2 (2008) PTP server and NTP (v4/v6) Server
- Single platform for traditional TDM, PTP, NTP and SyncE
- RADIUS option, SFTP and SSH support
- Protection/Redundancy: Module protection for all critical functions (Inputs, Holdover Clock, Outputs, Power)
- Fully manageable Local and Remote Graphical User Interface (Omni view).
The VCL-2145-SSU architecture is designed to integrate intelligent, functional cards into a flexible, fully redundant system to satisfy current capacity and synchronization technology requirements and allow incremental capacity growth and deployment of new capabilities with additional plug-in cards, as they are needed. The VCL-2145-SSU Synchronization Distribution Unit expansion shelves connect to a corresponding VCL-2145-SSU shelf to provide additional output signals. The expansion shelves use the framing and synchronization features of the main shelf to drive an array of output cards. Any combination of T1/E1, 2048 kHz, PRC Clock, as well as NTP and PTP cards, may be installed.
T1/ E1 output cards may be configured in redundant pairs providing thirty two 1:1 fully protected outputs per pair. A fully configured VCL-2145-SSU system provides T1/E1 output total capacity of up to 320 unprotected ports or 160 protected ports.
NTP requirements in telecommunication networks have rapidly evolved from a "best effort" utility to mission critical. With high performance NTP server cards, the VCL-2145-SSU platform delivers NTP signals to meet demanding next generation network requirements. The NTP server cards provide the performance, scale, availability and security that assure high QoS delivery of advanced services such as IPTV, multimedia content delivery and residential small cells, as well as distributed BSS/OSS operations.
PTP Grandmaster Card
With high-performance IEEE 1588-2008 Version 2 Precision Time Protocol (PTP) Grandmaster cards, the VCL-2145-SSU platform provides PTP output to meet NGN packet timing requirements. IEEE 1588 v2 cards provide the performance, scale, availability and security to deliver synchronization to remote PTP clients over Ethernet networks.
- Up to two GNSS Modules - GPS/GLONASS Inputs
- Up to two Input Modules E1 (2.048Mbits) /T1 (1.544Mbits), 2.048 MHz (G.703-13) and 10 MHz
- E1 (2.048Mbits) /T1 (1.544Mbits)
- 2.048 MHz (G.703-13)
- 10 MHz
- Up to 10 x E1/T1, 2048MHz card supports 32 outputs / card, (E1 /T1, 2048MHz)
Optional 1:1 Protection
- Up to 10 x High capacity PTP card supports 1024 slaves / card
- Up to 10 x High Capacity NTP cards - provide 4 NTP outputs / card
Holdover Oscillator Options [Internal (G.812) Synchronization Options]:
The VCL-2145-SSU accepts single or dual clocks (1+0 or 1:1 / 1+1 protected clocks). The input reference jitter and wander are filtered by a high quality oscillator. Oscillator options include:
- Oven-Controlled Crystal Oscillators (OCXO)
- Rubidium (RbXO).
In case of loss of GNSS and input references, the VCL-2145-SSU uses intelligent software algorithms to provide better output performance which exceed the holdover stability requirements of ITU-T G.821.
- G.811 PRC referenced to GNSS (GPS/GLONASS). ITU-T G.811 < 1x1011 (ITU-T G.811) quality when locked to GPS, or GPS+GLONASS
- G.812 Type II SSU on Rubidium Holdover 1x10-10/Month (ITU-T G.812)
- G.812 Type I & III SSU on OCXO Holdover 1x10-10/day (ITU-T G.812)
GNSS (GPS and GLONASS) Card:
- 72 Channel GNSS (GPS and GLONASS) Receiver
- Supports GPS/ L1, GLONASS Galileo, SBAS: GAGAN, WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS, QZSS
- Tracks up to 12 satellites simultaneously
- Synchronizing Time:
- Acquisition time - Hot Start: Less than 15 sec.
- Acquisition time - Warm Start: Less than 45 sec.
- Acquisition time - Cold Start: Less than 140 sec.
- Antenna Connector: TNC
- Accuracy Of Time-Pulse Signal referenced to GPS: ±30ns (raw)
- Accuracy Of Time-Pulse Signal referenced to GPS: ±15ns (compensated)
(Note: with all satellites in view at -130db)
Network Time Protocol:
- NTP v2, (RFC 1119), NTP v3 (RFC 1305), NTP v4, (RFC 5905), SNTP v3 (RFC 1769), SNTP v4 (RFP 2030), MD5 Authentication
- Internet Protocol: IP v4, IP v6
- Time Protocol: TIME (RFC 868)
- Daytime Protocol: DAYTIME (RFC 867)
PTP IEEE 1588-2008 V2 Grand Master:
- < 100ns Accuracy when locked with GNSS (GPS/GLONASS)
- PTP Slave/Client capacity: 8, 16, 32, 64 or 128
- User Configurable
- 1-step and 2-step Clock
- Configuration message rate 8 pkts/sec, 16 pkts/sec, 32 pkts/sec and 64 pkts/sec
- Up to 128 message per second
- 4 x 10/100/1000Base-T (RJ45) Electrical Ports
- ITU-T G.8265.1 (Layer 3 unicast, IPv4)
- Telecom-2008 Profile (Layer 3 unicast, pre-standard ITU-T G.8265.1, IPv4)
- Power Profile: IEEE C37.238-2011
- Ethernet Default Profile (Layer 2 multicast)
- Communication: Unicast, Multicast or Mixed
- Best Master Clock Algorithm (BMCA)
- OCXO Oscillator < 120W during startup,
< 80W at steady state 24°C
- RbXo Oscillator: < 140W during startup,
< 100W at steady state 24°C
Local / Remote Management and Monitoring Ports:
- 10/100BaseT Ethernet – RJ45
- 2 x External Alarm Relay Contacts for Critical and Minor Alarms
- User defined alarm status for all Alarms
Local / Remote Communication and Management Options:
- LED’s on front panel
- Telnet, CLI
- HTTP Web Interface
- Password Protection
- Firmware upgrade
- CLI Control Interface (HyperTerminal or VT100)
- SNMP V2 Traps (MIB File provided)
- GUI (Graphical User Interface) - Runs on any PC operating on Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 OS.
Security and Protection:
- Password Protection
- OMNIVIEW management software provides locally and remotely, powerful fault, configuration, accounting/ inventory, performance, security, and other optional management functions.
- Third party equipment can easily be managed through a set of electrical alarm collection inputs. The VCL-2145-SSU is also manageable by SNMP through OMNIVIEW.
MTBF for VCL-2145 with RbXO Option:
- Per MIL-HDBK-217F: ≥ 32 years @ 240C
- Per Telcordia SSR 332, Issue 1: ≥ 36 years @ 240C
MTBF for VCL-2145 with OCXO Option:
- Per MIL-HDBK-217F: ≥ 37 years @ 240C
- Per Telcordia SSR 332, Issue 1: ≥ 42 years @ 240C
Environmental Characteristics (Equipment):
- Operational: -10°C to +60°C (Typical: +24C)
- Cold start: -0°C to +50°C
- Storage: -20°C to +70°C
- Humidity: 95% non-condensing
- Cooling: Convention Cooled. No cooling fans are required.
- Height: 266 mm (6U)
- Width: 480 mm (DIN 19-inch)
- Depth: 280 mm
- Weight: 9.5 Kg
- Rack Mount Options: 19”, 21”, 23” Rack mounting options
Power Supply Options:
- Dual Redundant - maximum output / power supply card: 200W
- 1+1 AC power (100 to 240V AC, 50/60 Hz)
- 1+1 DC 24V power
- 1+1 DC -48V power
- AC or DC
- Protected 1:1 / 1+1 Antenna (Redundant)
- Antenna Type: Active
- N-Type (F) Connector
- Frequency: GPS L1 and L2 Bands (1.575 MHz); GLONASS: 1602-1615MHz
- Amplifier Gain: Typically +/-40dB (GPS L1 band); +/-34 (GLONAAS band)
- Reverse Polarity Protection
- Lightening Protection: According to EN61000-4-5 Level 4.
- Operating temperature: -40°C to +85°C
Environmental characteristics (Antenna):
- Operational: -40°C to +85°C
- Storage: -40°C to +85°C
- Humidity: 95 % non-condensing
- Salt and Fog: Mil. Std. 202F, Method 101D Cond. B
- Lightning Protection: According to EN61000-4-5 Level 4
- Suitable for outdoor and rooftop installations.
Antenna Cable Options:
(Note: cables and connectors are not included and must be ordered separately as optional extras).
- Cable Type: LMR 400 or equivalent with N connector
- Total Cable Length:
- 30, 50, 60, 90 meters LMR 400
- 91 to 120 meters (LMR400 – with one active in-line amplifier).
- 121 to 240 meters (LMR 600 – with two active in-line amplifiers).